In a script that is a text-based PDF, you might want to locate a particular passage or the lines for your characters.
Rehearsal® Pro allows you to search for text throughout your script, allowing fast and easy access to any passage in which that text appears.
Here’s a video that shows you how to use the Search function, with a step-by-step below that:
Step by step
To use Search:
- Open any script from My Scripts.
- Tap on the Menu in the upper right hand corner of your screen.
- Tap on Search.
- Tap in the Search bar that appears at the top of your script and tap in your search term.
- Tap Search.
- If Search finds one or more examples of your search term, it will scroll to the first one in the script, and tell you in the search bar how many more there are. You can tap the up and down arrows to the left of the search term entry box to move between them.
- When you’re finished, tap Done to the right of the search term entry box.
Remember, Search is only able to be used on PDFs that are text-based, not graphics-based (like those you might get from casting offices, who usually mark up printouts with a Sharpie with audition notes and directions, and then scan the sides back in before sending them to you).