When rehearsing a scene, especially a longer scene, a long and involved line or a monologue, you might want to do so in bite size chunks, rather than the whole scene at once. You can use Rehearsal® Pro’s adjustable timeline’s to play what you want, then add more and more until you’re rehearsing the entire length of the content.
Here’s a video that shows you the whole process (then a step-by-step below the video):
And here’s the step-by-step process:
- To use the adjustable timeline when rehearsing any scene, select that scene in My Scenes. Once the scene loads, tap on the Play button at the very right of the bottom toolbar. You’ll hear three ADR beeps to allow you to get set, then your scene will begin.
- Wait until you get to the point where you want your selection to end, then tap the Pause button to the right of the timeline.
- Notice the two diamonds on either end of the timeline. Those are adjustable end points to indicate what portion of the full recording the playback will repeat. The left hand diamond is green (Start) and the right hand diamond is red (Stop).
- Slide the Stop diamond to the left until it reaches your paused white playback button. As you slide it and it approaches the button, it will snap into place.
- Now, if you tap the Play button, only the portion of the scene you’ve selected will play. And now, once Rehearsal® Pro finishes playing that portion, it will repeat only that portion.
- Do this repeatedly until you are well versed in that portion of the line or lines, then adjust the timeline to include the next portion you want to add to what you’ve now memorized.
- To add more content to what’s being repeated, first reset both diamonds by double tapping on the timeline. This sends the Start diamond to the beginning of the recording (if it isn’t there already) and the Stop diamond to the end of the recording.
- Then, begin the playback at the very beginning of the recording, tapping the Pause button when you get to the new ending point.
- Slide the Stop diamond to that new stopping point, and continue your rehearsal as before, with the new content added to what is being repeated for you.
- Repeat this until you’ve rehearsed the entire scene you’ve wanted to memorize, and you’ve got the scene down.
- When you’re finished, tap on the stop button at the very left of the bottom toolbar. This button is a stop button only while you’re playing back. It’s the record button when recording.
NOTE: You can also adjust the Start diamond, in case you want to rehearse a section of the scene that begins sometime after the very start, like the middle or last lines in a scene. You can always reset the adjustable timeline by double tapping anywhere on the timeline itself when the playback is stopped.
Return to Help home