Sometimes, scripts are so large that they can’t be sent to Rehearsal® Pro via email.
This is usually due to them being scanned in at too high a quality level than required, resulting in very large file sizes. Users then resort to using a cloud service, like Dropbox, to upload the script and send a link to the file.
Simply sending a link to a file you have stored (or have been given access to) in Dropbox won’t be visible to our servers. Don’t send an email to your script+username address with a Dropbox link – it won’t work.
You either need to attach the actual PDF of the script, or, if the script is too large to attach, follow the step-by-step directions below for adding the script from Dropbox:
- Make sure you have the Dropbox app. You can get it from the iTunes App Store. It’s free.
- Using the Dropbox app, upload your script and view it (or view a script you’ve been given access to) on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the three-dot menu icon in the upper right, then choose Export from the list of options.
- On the lower row of icons, tap on the icon that looks like the App Store, labeled Open in.
- Look for the Rehearsal® Pro icon in the list of apps, labeled Copy to Rehearsal® Pro, then tap on it to add your script.
- You’ll be immediately transferred to the script in Rehearsal® Pro, already open the Add New Script area. Tap the Add button in the upper right hand corner to add it to your library of scripts.
Return to Help home